Thursday, September 07, 2006

letter of appreciation

Came across this letter in a rudge book and it totally cracked me up. :D

Dear Sir,

I am sure the Homestead Retirement Home has thanked you and the many others who made gifts to the home that have brought pleasure and comfort to us residents. But I wish to thank you personally fro the bottom of my heart because I am the recepient of the little portable radio which you gave me. I listen to it constantly when I am awake.

It has been so much company for me. I have wanted a radio of my very own ever since I came to the home to live. We have nice accomodations here and they take very good care of us. There are two of us in each room. My roommate is Martha Nelson. She is 87 and I am 83.

Martha has had a radio of her own ever since she came here ten years ago. She kept it so low I could never hear the programs. When I would ask her to turn it up so I could hear the programs too she wouldnt do it. Bless her, she is a sweet old soul and I suppose she just cant help being that way.

Last week she dropped her radio and it broke into may pieces and cannot be repaired. Last night I was listening to the early evening services of the First Methodist Church and those beautiful old hymns I love so much. Martha asked me to turn the radio up higher so she could hear it too, so naturally I told her to go f*ck herself.

Again, thank you.

I am,
Dorothy Murdock

END

0 comments: