Saturday, March 15, 2008

on the subject of moving forward...

Yesterday was the BEST DAY EVER! See I finally got my results for that torture fest they call CPA, professional accounting exams. Unless it's a choice between moving to Canada [watch How I met your mother, anyone?] and doing CPA, wouldn't recommend that anyone do it. Anyways, my results. First of all this was the last section I was doing last December, and I've passed. Really. I can't take all the credit though, or really any of it:) Accolades have to go to the Big Guy, coz I remember saying this one was gonna have to be on him again, and boy did He deliver! So as it happens, Im done with the profession. I got sent for these forms to fill, to join the Association. The forms are like a small booklet, and Im thinking "Really, even if Id had the interest to begin with..."

This time Im gonna make them treat me. I've done well for myself in the past - in fact I'd say, in the [mortal] words of And 1's Main Event, "I brung it every time". So just congratulations is starting to get a little old. Im at that point where I need more. And honestly, who doesn't? So now Im moving on to the next big thing, which I sincerely hope is gonna at least be something I like doing. Or I could just take a much-deserved break... Nah, it's gonna be the next challenge - I find Im one of those self-driven people, not content to just sit there when I know I could be doing something more [ha ha, as if any employers actually read my blog]

William Blake once wrote: There are things that are known, and things that are unknown. And in between, there are doors.

END

0 comments: