Tuesday, June 30, 2009

all these things i hate (revolve around me)

I hate the way you stress the t's in "I hate that,"
which you say eight hundred times a day;

I hate the way when you look at me without the glasses,
I feel like you can see right through me;
I hate the way you're not fazed by kitshcy schmalzy stuff,
and how you're always right;
I hate the way you can dance and I can't,
and that you have all these plans that I don't;
I hate all those awesome moments that pass,
and you're not around to share them with me;
I hate how you're so good at being me,
you make me wanna be you;
I hate it that you almost never need anything,
and that you don't change your mind. Ever!

I hate that I can't stop thinking about your voice,
or how you make me sit and stare at the phone,
like I can somehow will it to ring;
I hate the way you like the songs I do,
and so they remind me of you;
I hate it when you don't call or text,
or when I do and don't know what to say;
That's the other thing:
I hate the way I gag around you.

I hate the way I never see you,
and how there's nothing I can do to change that;
I hate the way I can no longer sleep,
how instead I stay up all night - wishing... hoping...;
I hate that I wanna tell you all these things, but can't;
But the thing I mostly hate
is how you make me fall for you,
without even trying,
without even noticing,
without ever relenting.

END

0 comments: