Saturday, March 11, 2006

Classic weekend

START For the weekend I went to a friend's uni to visit and slept over mpaka Sunday. I tell you their place absolutely rocks. It's like when anything new gets produced, the producers themselves make sure these people get a copy to sample, [either that or they are just that good at pirating stuff] and sometimes they even get it before it's released to the mass market. Case in point: two programs titled CSI New York and 24 season 5 - those are the ones currently showing in the States on their respective producers' networks, and here the guys already have the entire seasons on not one not two but like sixty hard drives for entertainment - and their parents are sitting at home happy thier kids are in uni doing engineering. Hmmm... si ignorance is bliss! I got to watch the two seasons plus a host of other movies so now I can say Im way up. In fact on Friday and Saturday we dint even sleep coz there was so much to do and so little time to do it in.
In other unrelated news(TM) [that phrase has been used by the BBC so many times I think they should have patented it by now], I dropped my CV's and applications for the job at several places successfully and so now the waiting game begins. Too bad I may have to do the waiting in Western. For those of us that live in Kenya, we'll know that there's not an inkling of life those sides, but oh for choices. Im just gonna try and make the best of a bad situation and if I manage to stay sane doing it so much the better. But on the brighter side, with nothing else to do I might even get some studying done for my June exams, which would be very nice coz I do NOT want to pull another stunt like the one last November for the Dec exams. T almost killed me :) ENDIT

0 comments: