Friday, March 31, 2006

the proverbial "perfect timing"

Has it ever felt like there was a best time for everything to happen, and that if those things dint happen at those times then they'd best even not happen at all? Alongside best timings, have you ever felt there was a time that couldnt possibly be worse for a certain event to occur? Now, have you ever noted that fate actually picks the latter of the times to slate said events? Maybe its just Murphy [see Murphy's Law below] and me then, but as we speak [or as I write, w'ever], today was the day I had made plans for five jioni after work yaani my day was just overflowing, and just my luck it's 4.50PM and the rain has just started falling - cats, dogs and actual raindrops! - the kind that looks like it will go on for two hours! And of course do I really need to add that I have no car waiting to pick me up and drive me home?:( I work at the same company as my mum, but she works till seven at night! I dont like my job that much, at least not yet. Is this fate, or is it just a creation of my mind [again]? Oh well, since it looks like Im gonna be here for a while, now's as good a time as any to take on gmail. Me against the server, one-on-one. We'll see who manages to out-persevere the other. [You can sleep easy Sergey, or Brin, or Page - damn! I used to know those names - there's still much love for gmail. Despite their crappy server, I still prefer them to Yahoo coz when they do work, its... oh! heaven]

Thot for the day - Murphy's Law:
Nothing is as easy as it seems; everything takes longer than you think it will and if anything can go wrong, it will and at the worst possible moment.
END

0 comments: