Friday, March 03, 2006

The whole group thang

START So recently I decided to become a member of a group in church. Ive never done anything like this before, you know community development, cleaning the environment, youth groups, mumbo-jumbo... hell - going through primary and high school I wasnt even a member of the Science club! despite common belief that it helped a lot of its members do well in the examinations. See Im just not a group person. Things we do alone, those ones I love. It's probably why Id go to a movie but I wouldnt go raving - coz at the movies no one expects you to be talking, they actually expect you to be silent and consider talk a nuisance. Also why my fave pastime is computer games, and why "making friends and meeting new people" are nowhere on my list of hobbies. When I started reading Digests [Readers Digest], I came across this quote from Jay Leno that just blew me away: "I love mankind and humanity; it's people I cant stand" I just loved that one, and I think I share his sentiments.

Anyways, the church group. We come up with lyrics to accompany people when they are singing during service, kinda like a slide show. Actually it is a slide show. We have already met like thrice we've even done one show for one weekend and Im proud to report the commitment bug hasn't bitten me yet and I still show up on time for all meetings, and I actually like it in the group. ENDIT

0 comments: